Visitor: Ms.Inez Tan and Friends From: Singapore
Duration: 2 Days/1 Night
Price : USD 158.00 per person
Route: SAIGON – MY THO – VINH LONG
DAY 1 (14 FEB 2012 TUESDAY): SAIGON – MY THO – VINH LONG – OVERNIGHT HOME-STAY (-/L/D)
- 08:00 hrs, pick up at Dong Du hotel (add 18 Dong Du str) and take 2 hour drive southwest of Ho Chi Minh City to the Mekong Delta which is known as the rice bowl of Vietnam.
- Upon arrival, take a boat cruise around islets and tropical orchards through the canal of Vam Xep to reach a small islet, followed by a relaxing walk along shady and palm fringed trails passing by local villages where you can see their peaceful daily life. Stop en route to visit a bee farm, sip tea with honey and sample fruits with a local family and share their stories of life in the Mekong Delta. Visit a small coconut workshop, just to get a glimpse of typical family run business in this area.
- Enjoy the lunch at local restaurant on the islet.
- Walk to a lane where a horse-drawn cart awaits you to transfer to visit handicraft village, a coconut candy factory, enjoy tropical fruit, traditional music and then relaxation with rowing boat through the narrow under shade palm, tree-lined canals of Mekong River before returning to My Tho by motorized boat.
- Back to the car and then transfer further to Vinh Long.
- Accommodation at home-stay in Vinh Long.
- Meals included: Lunch at local restaurant – Dinner at home-stay
DAY 2 (15 FEB 2012 WEDNESDAY): VINH LONG – SAIGON (B/L/-)
- Have breakfast then boat to visit Cai Be floating market, which is full of fruits and vegetable. Then, an optional stop can be made at local workshops where you can see how rice paste, coconut candy and pop-rice, pop-corn is made.
- The boat will take you deeper into the countryside on smaller canals and to enjoy the peaceful time. It is so interesting to see traditional houses made of wood and palm tree leaves and see some activities of the local farmers with an opportunity to make contacts with them and see how they catch fish or pick up fruits by ancestral ways in Mekong delta.
- A delicious lunch will be served on the An Binh Island.
- Last stop can be a visit of brick kilns where you can see how the local people create beautiful potteries from clay.
- We can visit Vinh Long market in the town. This is the best choice for you to take pictures of fish, shrimps, prawns, crabs, snakes, rice-field rats, tropical fruits, vegetable, etc.
- The cruise ends at Vinh Long city at around 15:30 hrs.
- Pick up and transfer you back to Ho Chi Minh City. Upon arrival, drop off at your hotel.
- Meals included: Breakfast at home-stay – Lunch at local restaurant
- Transfers by private car
- English speaking guide
- Entrance fees & boat fees at places
- Accommodation at home-stay
- Meals as mentioned (Breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- Other language speaking guides (available at surcharge)
- Drinks, personal expenses and tips
- Other services not mentioned in the programme